Tuesday, September 23, 2008

anne sessler

*
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting the woman who created this captivating print. Her name is Annie Sessler and she is the artist who runs East End Fish Prints. Her studio is in Montauk, New York where I happened to be for a family wedding. I couldn't resist tracking down her phone number and giving her a call. Darn if she didn't come to the little diner (where my family and I were having breakfast) to say hello. Her husband catches these exotic fish and she carefully "inks" them and creates a unique print. The only embellishment is the eye. To see more of her work just click the image above.

2 comments:

Sienna said...

papa, this is a facinating little story especially how she came to see you at a diner... so wonderful. i remember these prints awhile back when you showed them to me... i like them a lot. they'd work well on shirts!

-sienna

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to visit with her.